2016 SL CHRISTMAS EXPO GUIDELINES
The SL Christmas Expo is a Relay For Life of Second Life (RFL of SL) approved Mega Event which raises money for Relay For Life of Second Life. Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event, and RFL of SL is one of its virtual counterparts. You can get more information about RFL of SL here: http://relayforlifeofsecondlife.org/
In addition to the Merchant Shop Guidelines and the Merchant Donation Requirements, the 2016 SL Christmas Expo has specific Event Guidelines.
- All persons, behavior, and objects at the 2016 Second Life Christmas Expo must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service (http://www.lindenlab.com/tos) and the Second Life Community Standards: (https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php)
- All content displayed at the SL Christmas Expo must be rated for general or moderate audiences. Absolutely no adult content depicted in pictures, text or demonstration models. Adult versions of rezzable content may be sold in the exhibit vendors which clearly state the items are adult in nature.
- All businesses and brand names are allowed one shop per registration. You are free to purchase as many sponsorships as you wish.
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. You must complete an online registration form in order to reserve your shop/and or sponsorship. **Please note that our online form is date and time stamped automatically**.
- Please note that registering online does not complete your shop and/or sponsorship registration. Once your application is processed and accepted, you will receive a confirmation note card with instructions on how to make the registration payment. The coordinator for the event reserves the right to deny any application. Should an application be denied, the registrant will be notified.
- Payment for sponsorship packages are made directly to the special SL Christmas Expo Relay For Life official vendors. The location / landmark for the payment location will be provided AFTER your registration form is received and we have processed your registration – usually within 48 to 72 hours. The only person who may need to contact you regarding your payment would be Nuala Maracas or the SL Christmas Expo avatar. No other person associated with the SL Christmas Expo will contact you regarding payment for the SL Christmas Expo. Do NOT give payment to anyone else. We are not responsible for any payments made to any other avatar or object.
- ***Once an application is accepted and registration / sponsorship fees are paid, they are non-refundable, and no exceptions are made.***
- Failure to make payment within 48 hours of receiving your registration confirmation and payment location, may result in your shop and/or sponsorship registration being cancelled and your shop and/or sponsor possibly given to someone else.
- All payments will be made at a designated location via Relay For Life of Second Life vendors. As these vendors do not accept partial payments, all registration monies are due at the time of payment.
- Registration / Sponsorship payments of L$10,000 or more are eligible for an official tax receipt from The American Cancer Society. This must be requested at the time of registration. After payment is received, the American Cancer Society Staff Partner will contact you directly for further information (you must be willing to provide Real Life information to the ACS Staff Partner to receive the tax receipt)
- 100% of registration fees, sponsorship fees, and fundraising activity revenue, as a result of or during the approved Mega Event, are paid to Relay For Life of Second Life.
- Based on your sponsorship level, each business is permitted to have a specified number of SINGLE ITEM vendors paying 100% to your business. See sponsorship packages for the number of vendors and merchant guidelines on the usage.
- All other items sold at the SL Christmas Expo must be sold from a Relay For Life official shared vendor. These vendors are preset to 50% profit split
- At least two vendors in the shop must be a 100% vendor, with the exception of a LE Breedable.
- No tip jars, donation boxes, or other non-RFL vendors and/or kiosks will be permitted at any of the RFL of SL Mega Events.
- All items that are inside Relay For Life of Second Life vendors, must follow the Relay For Life of Second Life Fundraising Guidelines: http://relayforlifeofsecondlife.org/fundraising/guidelines/
Intellectual Property & Copyright Guidelines:
- All content at the 2016 Second Life Christmas Expo must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service, Section 2: Content Licenses and Intellectual Property Rights Section:http://www.lindenlab.com/tos#tos2
- All items distributed (sold or freely given) by exhibitors and/or sponsors must be their own original creations, or creations compiled with components which they have legally obtained licenses for commercial use or are in the public domain.
- Exhibitors and/or sponsors retain all intellectual property rights associated with their original creations, unless otherwise assigned through licenses or limited licenses.
- Exhibitors grant the Mega Event coordinator(s) a limited license to use any logos and product ads provided to them to promote their participation and/or sponsorship of the event in Second Life and on third-party websites, such as, but not limited to in-world shopping guides and promotional materials, event sign boards, event related blogs, RFL of SL websites, Flickr, Facebook, Pinterest, and Plurk.
- Exhibitors and/or sponsors agree that the Mega Event regions will be open to photographers and machinima producers, and that photography and filming will be allowed during the event, beginning with the Press Preview and for the duration the event.
- Please note that all items and objects are subject to verification at the Expo and that Expo organizers reserve the right to return items or objects that do not follow the Intellectual Property and Copyright rules and guidelines at the Expo.